Summer Weekly Half Day Rowing
Summer Youth Program – weekly half day sessions
Long Island Rowing offers weekly half-day rowing sessions throughout the summer for youths 10 to 18 years old who cannot attend a regular weekly summer session.
Novice rowers who have recently completed one week of a regular weekly rowing session can hone skills learned, and experienced rowers can train for competitive fall programs. The elements of our Half-Day Program are basically the same as our regular Program in that rowers will be split into groups of experienced or novice rowers and train accordingly within the half-day time frame.
Ages: 10–18 years (everybody 12 and under HAS to WEAR a life jacket at all times on the water)
- Morning 9:20–11:45 am ($150)
- Afternoon 12:45–2:40 pm ($150)
Weekly Sessions 2018
Session 1: July 2 – July 6 (no class July 4) $50 discount fo rthe week
Session 2: July 9 - July 13
Session 3: July 16 – July 20
Session 4: July 23 – July 27
Session 5: July 30 – August 3
Session 6: August 6 – August 10
- Half Day rowers must have completed at least one 1 session (1 week) of the regular weekly program.
- Payment in full for the first session.
- Pass a swimming test given on the first day.
- Registration is online at LIRowing.org.
What to bring:
- A change of clothing is needed for the first and second day for after the swim test. A swim test with clothing on is required to begin the program.
- Sunscreen, refillable water bottle, a change of clothing, running shoes, flip-flops.