Half Summer - Junior Competitive
Half Summer – Junior Competitive Program
For those who cannot dedicate the entire summer to training, Long Island Rowing offers elite junior rowers a Half Summer of training (6 week session). The Half Summer program is offered for either of two (2) sessions - Early Summer (June thru mid-July), and Late Summer (mid-July thru August). This program is only for experienced, motivated, hard working individuals.
Members from ALL high School teams are welcome.
Half Summer Junior Competitive Program involves a morning session of on-water training (8:45 am- 11:30 am), lunch, and an afternoon session of dry land and indoor circuit training (1:30 pm-3:30 pm). Also included is participation in 2 major week-long regattas over the summer.*
- Intense cardio/cross training workouts (rowing in small boats, circuit training, cardio training, plus ERG training and testing)
- Long rows – focus on technique and heart rate monitored workouts
- Video “surveillance” – once a week each athlete will be videotaped and analyzed
Mandatory Requirements to Participate:
- Heart rate monitor
- Bill-of-Health from your doctor (form provided by LI Rowing coaches)
- Consistent attendance MANDATORY. You cannot attend one week and the take off the next week and start again.
We do not require a specific ERG score to qualify for this program. Attendees will train in ALL size boats (1x, 2x, 2-, 4x, and 4+).
*For athletes participating in regattas boat seating is the COACHES decision only.
*Minimum experience 1 year of rowing (exceptions are possible for talented athletes).
Early Summer Session - to be announced
Late Summer Session - to be announced
Program Fee: $425