Full Summer - Junior Competitive
Full Summer – Junior Competitive Program
Long Island Rowing offers elite junior rowers two intensive training programs that will enable them to continue spring conditioning throughout the summer into the fall racing season. This program is only for experienced, motivated, hard working individuals.
Members from ALL high school teams are welcome.
Summer Junior Competitive Racing Program involves dry land and indoor circuit training from 7:45-8:55 am, and on-water training from 10:00 am-12:00 pm. Also included is participation in 2 major week-long regattas over the summer.*
- Intense cardio/cross training workouts (rowing in small boats, circuit training, cardio training, plus ERG training and testing)
- Long rows – focusing on technique and heart rate-monitored workouts
- Video “surveillance” – once a week each athlete will be videotaped and analyzed
Mandatory Requirements to Participate:
- Heart rate monitor
- Bill-of-Health from your doctor (form provided by LI Rowing coaches)
- Consistent attendance MANDATORY. You cannot attend one week and the take off the next week and start again.
We do not require a specific ERG score to qualify for this program. Attendees will train in ALL size boats (1x, 2x, 2-, 4x, and 4+).
*For athletes participating in regattas boat seating is the COACHES decision only.
*Minimum experience 1 year of rowing (exceptions are possible for talented athletes).
Program Dates: June 26 – August 11
Program Fee: $950 (every day indoor session plus water session)
Plus racing/regatta fees to be determined (Club Nationals)